We're thrilled to announce that you can now use Sesame's smart home skill for Amazon Alexa! The smart home skill is available in US, Japan, Canada, UK, and Australia. With the smart home skill, you can now control multiple Sesames via Alexa as well as unlock Sesame in the Alexa app or with your voice (unlocking currently available in US only).
Please note that in order to use the Sesame Alexa skill, you must:
1. Download and install the Sesame app
2. Register your Sesame smart lock as the owner
3. Pair your Sesame smart lock with a Wi-Fi Access Point
4. Enable notifications and cloud integration in Sesame settings
Enable Notifications and Cloud Integrations
1. Open the Sesame app and select your Sesame, then click Status
2. Click on Change Settings
3. Toggle Notifications and Integration to ON
Add Sesame Skill to Alexa
1. Open your Alexa app and click on the smart home tab on the far right.
2. Click Your Smart Home Skills.
3. Click on Enable Smart Home Skills.
4. Click on the magnifying glass icon to search.
5. Type in Sesame then click Search.
6. IMPORTANT: Be sure to scroll through the options until you find the one that says "Sesame" as this is the smart home skill and supports unlocking. Do not use the skill named "Sesame Skill" as this is the deprecated version that will be removed soon.
7. Click on Enable.
8. Login to your CANDY HOUSE account.
9. Click Authorize to grant Alexa permission to access your Sesame, then click Done once linking is successful.
10. Click Discover Devices.
11. Once your Sesame is discovered, you're done! You can now say, "Alexa, lock my door," "Alexa, is my door locked?" and Alexa will lock your door or report the status. If you have multiple Sesames, you can use the Sesame name so Alexa knows which Sesame you're referring to.
Enable Unlocking (US only)
Unlocking has only been enabled for US currently, but we hope Amazon will bring this feature to additional regions soon!
1. Open your Alexa app and go to the smart home tab. Click on Locks.
2. Select your Sesame.
3. Click on the three dots in upper right corner to access settings.
4. Here you will see the options to turn on Unlock by app and Unlock by voice. To enable "unlock by voice," you will need to set a 4-digit pin that you must give Alexa before it will unlock the door.
If you have any questions about using the Amazon Alexa Smart Home Skill for Sesame, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to help!
CANDY HOUSE, Inc.
Want to receive these updates directly in your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter